What information do we collect ?
During the time your are using Basket.jo platform, we ask you to provide information. Example when you are creating an account , we ask you to provide your name, phone number, address and other. If you logon to basket.jo through a thridparty such as facebook, we obtain information about you using the tool used to login. In addition, the tools used receives information about you when using our platform. Third party partners may also collect information about you or share information with us.
In the event we launch sharing tools and you wish to invite your friends and contacts to use the Basket.jo Service, you will share through adding them manually or importing your contacts. In all cases we will not access your contacts wihtout your permission unless you request to do so for the purpose of sharing with your friends and inviting them to use the service.
When using basket.jo we collect technical information when needed. This infromation could be software or hardware related.
Other Information: While using basket , we record information about your use of the service and we also obtain some information on your browser or device. Logs information include things like the IP address , information about the browser, operating system , device type, location, unique device identifiers, pages and links that you navigate to and links that you click, searches that you run on Basket may also be recorded, and other ways you interact with the service is also recorded. If you are logged into the Basket, such information is stored with your account information.
How we use your information
We may use the information we collect for many purposes,including and not limited to :
- Provide Basket service to you, improve the quality of the service.
- Develop new products and service.
- Share information with your Personal Shopper.Your Personal Shopper is the person who fullfills your order. (which means those agents that shop for and/or deliver the order for you, including our retail partner and their employees and contracts or our third-party providers were applicable, or our agents where applicable)
- Allow your Personal Shopper to choose your ordered items at your selected store, deliver your items to you (Your Address ) , and/or call or text you ( Phone number) with any updates on your order or any arising issues.
- Charge you for the purchase and delivery costs through our payment processing partners ( gateways).
- Offer you customized content such as ads, promotions and any other customized material.
- Learn how users interact with basket and learn about new feature testing and other.
- Provide customer service, respond to any customer care requests, and contact you about your use of Basket
- All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
Information that we share
Basket is an online grocery platform that provides a list of supermarkets/ stores / retailers which you can select goods from and order from. Placed orders and contained goods are shopped for through our agents/ partners/ Personal Shoppers who pick your items for you and pack them for delivery to your set location. Or in some cases jsut prepare the order for pickup.
In order for this process to be completed successfully we share information about you and your order to the parties involved to enable the process. This includes the Personl Shopper(s) who need to know your ordered items so they can pick the items for you. We also share information with the paymetn gaeway partners who need to know your details to process your payment if you are paying by credit card. In other times we would inform our partner retail store agents/employees of your order and details in the event they are logistically involved in preparing your order.
Basket may also share information when prompted by the user. Example such as using a loyalty card that has been integrated into our system. Such infomration will be shared with the retail partner to enable the usage of the loyalty card provided. Other cases may include sharing your information when sharing our service with friends, or making social actions such as sharing our app or our recipese and such.
Basket may also use your information for any legal reasons involving authorities, such examples my include fraude or any security reasons involving national security or such required by the law.
Changes to this Policy